Brookdale Community College’s Honors Program is for elite and motivated students who want to get the most out of their college experience.
Through a curriculum that emphasizes global awareness, cultural experiences, and local engagement, Brookdale Honors students are challenged to connect their studies to the world. By fostering collaborative learning and intellectual inquiry, Brookdale’s Honors Program produces graduates who transfer to competitive four-year universities and achieve their educational goals.
Graduates of the Honors Program are guaranteed admission to:
- American University – Paris
- Drew University
- East Stroudsburg University – STEM disciplines
- Monterey School of International Studies
- NJIT- School of Management
- Rutgers School of Business at New Brunswick
- TCNJ – Select programs
In addition, graduates of the Honors Program are guaranteed admission to the Honors Programs at Georgian Court University, Monmouth University, and Rider University.
The benefits of Brookdale’s Honors Program include:
- Smaller, interactive classes
- Close faculty and peer mentoring
- Co-curricular social and cultural activities with the Honors community
- Designated advising and counseling sessions for Honors students
- Resume-building experiences, including participation in the Honors Symposium
- Opportunities for leadership development
- Opportunities for specialized research for the Honors Symposium project
- Enhanced scholarship opportunities
- Special diploma recognition
- Enhanced transfer opportunities to competitive four-year colleges and universities
To qualify for the Honors Program, students must have a high school GPA of 3.5 or above and have placed into all college-level classes at Brookdale. The application is due on August 8 and can be found here.
To find out more about the Honors Program at Brookdale, the benefits, transfer opportunities, and the requirements, come to the Honors Program Virtual Information Session on Tuesday, July 28 at 12 noon. Register now here.