For the first time in 35 years, a select group of former Jersey Blues will be inducted into the Brookdale Athletics Hall of Fame.
The 2015 class – which includes seven former student athletes, former athletic director Bob Walsack, former baseball coach Paul MacLaughlin and the entire 2002 softball team – is only the second to be inducted into the Hall of Fame since it was founded in 1979.
The honorees will officially join the hall during a recognition ceremony on Friday, Feb. 6th at the Sheraton Hotel in Eatontown. The inductees will then travel to the Lincroft campus on Feb. 7 for a President’s brunch and the men’s basketball game against Sussex County Community College.
The 2015 Hall of Fame Class is:
- Mike Grimsley (Men’s Soccer | 1986-87)
- Bill Hill (Baseball | 1978-79)
- Jim Hunter, Jr. (Baseball | 1983-84)
- Ron & Abel Lampa (Men’s Tennis | 2001-03)
- Lisa Lanza (Fiorillo) (Women’s Soccer |1998-99)
- Maryann Ribiero (Soares) | (Softball | 1998-99)
- Jen Rosant (Softball & Women’s Basketball | 1996-97)
The 2002 Softball team:
- Players: Allison Cardoza (Cenci), Dara DeVincenzo, Laura Hensley, Tiffany Kenney, Allison Krilla, Ilana Machado, Nicole Maltais, Stefanie Markus (Bird), Amanda Moore (Smith), Sarah Nelson (Otto), Katy Pusz, Kim Roessner, Marissa Sottile (Busch), Jennifer Thompson
- Head coach: Bo Scannapieco
- Assistant coach: Jen Rosant
- Paul MacLaughlin (Baseball | 1971-98)
- Bob Walsack (Athletic Director and head men’s basketball coach | 1971-97)
For full bios or more information on the Brookdale Athletics Hall of Fame, click here.